Engaging Students throughCampus Connections
Peer Leaders promote a campus-wide culture of engagement and community by introducing students to the possibilities of becoming engaged throughout KSU and the local communities. Students served by a Peer Leader will have a fellow student who will be an additional knowledgeable resource to help them improve their experience at KSU. In addition, the program challenges students to strategically plan and act on their short- and long-term goals.
- Peer Leaders must be KSU Sophomores, juniors or seniors in a good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 GPA. Students must fill out an online application, have one recommendation filled out on their behalf, and participate in group and individual interviews.
- Students must successfully complete training before they begin their work as a Peer Leader. Required time commitments include an intensive retreat and training in May, virtual training during the summer and a refresher in fall before classes start.
- Peer Leaders should expect to spend approximately 3 hours per week. There is one required group meeting per month as well as monthly one on ones with the Program Manager.
- Responsible for directing students to appropriate avenues of the Department of Student Leadership and Service, university resources, and university programs
- Responsible for interviewing incoming SLS students
- Creating content to assist the general needs of the student body
- Market the program and recruit for participants.
- Communicate regularly with advisor and fellow peer leaders.